Monday, August 29, 2011

Hipstamatic: How to Avoid Crashes

In general, Hipsta is pretty stable. Does it crash once in a while? Yup. So does every single app on my iPhone, on occasion.


But...here are some things I've noticed:

• NEVER, EVER go into "Recent Prints" in Hipsta when there are images in your processing queue (the little number in the yellow box on the lower left side of the camera back). Doing so invites an almost 100% sure crash. When it takes a dirt nap, it takes your unprocessed queue with it, so...goodbye images. If you have to see what's coming out--do it in your main "Camera Roll".

• Try to let the films, lenses, and flashes appear and/or make clicks as you thumb through them. I can't say I always do that, but it has hung on me several times when I was too fast.

• Deleting multiple images from your "Recent Prints" does work...but it's  s  l  o  w.  Once you've confirmed the delete, let it finish; if you minimize-exit out of Hipsta and come back, you'll see the "Wiping Lens" message, which means it just booted fresh off a Death. 25 deletes takes awhile, and I recently nixed upwards of 400, which took over 5 min. Be patient.

• Once I had Hipsta completely lock up me, and nothing I did made it work until...I deleted the app and re-installed it. Worked perfectly, and never happened again. If you have to do this, you can re-download all your "Mine"Hipstapaks free of charge. You'll be rolling again.



(p.s. FWIW: I'm not getting into the whole business of family albums and sharing, as its initial wackiness and horrific architecture/user process has turned me off til I get the urge to go through it all...calmly.)

No comments:

Post a Comment